Other Panda Worlds

Sunday, March 3, 2013

On My Way Home collaboration project


Hey up ahead. I wonder if you knew
I’d see you. Through an aperture of heart,
And shutter in her mind, the both of you.
I’d see you leave, and say goodnight, then start
A ripple in the shadows as you walked,
And slough away a still-warm crust of night,
As bits of skin. She followed, while you talked
Of nothing, this or that, she hungered. Light
Was all you gave her. Gath’ring it with greed,
Collecting it from sidewalk crack, and star,
For just a while she satisfied a need
And captured you, then slept. And here you are,
A bit ahead, and just beyond the light,
Forever walking home that winter night.

Painting Before Bed written by Christian Hege
"On My Way Home" illustrated by Panda Erica (yours truly)




Hey Panda People,

I'm reposting this small 2"x2" watercolor sketch I did a few weeks ago of a cute couple I saw walking on my way back home. A lovely sonnet has been written to accompany it written by my new friend, Christian, whom I met at the SCBWI winter conference in early February. I hope to collaborate on fun little projects like this with him again in the future. Well written text just goes so well with a well placed illustration. Don't you think so? :]

Love, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment