Other Panda Worlds

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Mommy's Bday.

Good Morning Panda Lovers!

So yesterday (a.k.a. Monday) was my beloved Mommy's birthday. And of course like every year I made her a hand made card. I also went out to buy her a really nice bouquet from a local flower shop. The lady at the shop was so nice and cute she even tied my flowers w/ a matching ribbon. I cut and arranged the flowers in a vase and wrapped that adorable lil ribbon to the vase & VOILA! 
Cute flowers right? I can't help but smile every time I see them on the dining table. They really do brighten up the room. They're so colorful and festive. Is it me or do all girls tend to have a soft spot for flowers? I know I do. I would love to have my own lil' garden when I settle down someday and having bright flowers in the house is just a great way to make a place feel more lived in. That's just my opinion, though.





 And here's the end result of the card I made here. It was just a really rushed, late night card I stayed up to do (like every year I procrastinated til the night before and end up staying up pretty late to do it. ^^;;). I painted a quick watercolor of a mama and baby jaguar, my mom's favorite animal, from amazing reference photos I found on this guy's flicker. The photos of wild cats he has are stunning! Colors are vivid, composition and poses of the cats are just perfectly conveying of playful cats, and well come on who doesn't like a cute baby kitty? :)


Any hoot, this is the end product for the card. Not my best watercoloring, but it's just good enough to bring a smile to my mother's face and hopefully to keep her smiling all day. She even brought it to work with her! Lol. My mom's cute like that. 

Love,  Erica.
P.S. That's it for this post. But there's a lot more commission and personal work coming soon! Oh yeah and btw, the process gif was my first spliff on an animated .gif! I'm so excited at how easy it was that I'm going to be making a lot more simple animations of my own soon! XD I'm not knowledgeable about animating, but why not give it a try and see how I'll do. Be sure to check back and look for those in the next week or so! G'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment