Other Panda Worlds

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

INCURSION: Opening Night + the Final Paintings











Hi Everyone,

I'll keep this post short. Opening night, January 17, 2013 was amazing! I'm sorry to have posted these paintings so late after the actual show, but that just goes to show you that you should come out to see them in person at the gallery! Anyways, opening night was so full of people and the show was so well received. I got there 10 min after doors opened and it was literally packed to capacity. I was literally shuffling with the crowd to see the other illustrators' work too. And it was full the whole night! With the free Barney's coffee, apple crumble cake, and the open bar, it honestly felt more like a party than it did a gallery opening. 

Everyone was so friendly and willing to talk to me about my paintings. I mingled and was able to make some new artist friends too, which was basically the best part of the night. :D But if you haven't still seen the show it'll be open til February 15. CityArts Factory hours are 10AM til 6PM, Mon-SAt. 

The original paintings are for sale, each $100. They are all framed and matted, 5"x 11", watercolor and gouache. So if you're interested contact me via email first at: ericadechavez@gmail.com and then on my cell phone if you just can't wait to have them: (407) 572-7047. 

Okay that's all I've got to say. I'm preparing for the Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrator's Winter Conference here in Manhattan this weekend. So I'll see all you cool children's book enthusiasts there! Be sure to look out for my portfolio and dummy and print collateral at the portfolio showcase on Saturday afternoon! Can't wait to see and meet you all!

Love, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment