Other Panda Worlds

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Princess Hiker Character Process

Hi Panda People,

Here's the finished art test I did for a "potential" client who wanted to do a children's book with his daughter starring as the main character, a princess with an inkling for the outdoors. This client never got back to me after I emailed him the finished drawings or after I sent him any follow up emails and phone calls to his listed cell phone. Kind of lame, but the reality to the world of freelance. I hate it, though, when a potential client lacks the courtesy and awareness to let us artists know if they went forward with another artist or if we are not the right fit for their job. It's not especially the greatest feeling being left hanging.

Yet it is these experiences that make landing that awesome freelance job with a nice client who is easy to work with seem that much greater of an accomplishment. 




Don't forget to click on each image to view a larger picture. 

Love, Erica.
P.S. I still think I would like to develop the character I designed further anyways because I enjoyed the process and the ending product. I would love to explore more outfits and accessories for this hiker princess chic. Stay tuned to see more of that! :]













No comments:

Post a Comment