Other Panda Worlds

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Midnite Creatures Wine Label Series

Hello hello! 
I know it's been so long since my last post, but I'll just say that the flood of recruiters, thesis, and the Next Step Career Conference this past weekend really kept me busy and away from posting much of what has been going on. But that being said, I present to you all the fruit of my labor the past 2 weeks in computer illustration class, my series of wine labels.

I had a general idea that I wanted to do a series of labels with different animals and environments on them, but I knew I had to make them sophisticated enough to be slapped on a wine bottle. So I came up with the concept of making my own brand of wine called Midnite Creatures. Each flavor of wine (red, white, pink) would have its own unique flavor that derived from a specific plant/animal relationship. So pink wine would be BAMBOO/panda, white wine is CACTUS/scorpion, and red wine is OAK/owl. After brainstormed a bit I drew out my ideas and put some rough color themes to them with a little bit of karan d'ache crayons. :3


Then I looked up some reference photos.





And even MORE reference photos!









Then I had a rough start on finding a style I wanted to use for the art. I started in photoshop at first, then hated immediately where it was going, scrapped that idea...
and started afresh in illustrator instead! :D & voila! there you have it. :3 Hope you enjoy these, I certainly enjoyed making them. They honestly were really fun. I felt like it was a good break away from all the thesis and recruiter reforming.

Be sure to leave a  comment to let me know  what you guys think of my work. Constructive criticisim   always welcome. Thanks. :3
Love, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment