Other Panda Worlds

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Something really cool that I'd like to talk about. TATTOOS!

Good Evening/Morning Panda Readers & Followers! 

Yes, it is insanely late/early to be posting, but not like that ever stopped me before. I work equivalent to a bat. I work and am more focused at night when there's not something as tempting as daylight and sun and beach and beautiful walking weather outside my window to tempt my distracted mind already for the pleasures that are living life OUTDOORS. Hah!

Well, this week was busy mind, body and soul-wise. My lil' sissy-in-law came into Sarasota to spend some time w/ my bf and I. The first half of the week was so rainy and messy, we really couldn't do much else but go out to the movies and eat out. But we went bowling and towards the end of the week, the weather cleared up and became so warm, we got to spend an afternoon on the beach! Water was warm, and so perfect, though a lil' murky from the leftover debris from Tropical Storm Debbie. And we finished the week off at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. We made sure to say hello to Harry, when we were there. ;] 

But amidst all the fun-having, life living activities this week I did get a lot of applications sent out to a surfeit amount of anonymous companies over on the west coast and mid-west. I'm so eager to just MOVE and get to where I want to be right now, that I got a lil' ahead of myself. I found some more clarity, as I seem to have been doing ever since I graduated in May, and re-wrote some of my art goals. I am now going to focus more on creating more and better art and trying to work on projects that will cross into many different genres. Too obvious of a goal you think? Well, I will admit I've been a bit jumbled as of late and to just focus on my art and projects is really a bit of peace of mind, because I've been making all these plans for everything else in my life, I just need to tell myself to sit down and draw/paint. :]

Now, to the point of this post. I recently drew up a tattoo design for my cousin, Alexandria, a couple months ago. And she just got it done a few days ago. I did an initial b&w sketch of it and did a few color variations. But this is the final tattoo, and I'm okay with how it turned out. I'm not quite sure if it was even possible to needle the wispy, misty lines of my sketch thinner, but probably not, a needle can only be so thin while holding ink. But considering that it is not on my back, but hers, I am very satisfied w/ the results, but still question and would like to see the portfolio of the person who inked it for her. lol. Whatevskies. At least they evened out the sizes of the sun-star points, still wish they could have found a way to emphasize the 3 stars like in the sketch, and thinned the lines for a more stylized swirl in the middle. That is my critique of it there, but I'll shut up now, because all in all it turned out beautiful. And I'm so excited/awed that she used my design in the end for a permanent piece of body art. WAY COOL!


Love, Erica.
p.s. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment